Learning Hub and Logistics Manager (USAID Zambia MEL)
EnCompass seeks Learning Hub and Logistics Manager candidates at multiple levels for a five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Zambia. The monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) Platform will provide USAID/Zambia with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The Platform will provide technical, administrative, and programmatic support services to USAID/Zambia in the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies and programs related to the Mission’s priorities.
The position will be full-time and be based in Lusaka, Zambia with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of events, workshops, and meetings within the MEL platform
- Ensure that all logistical aspects, from venue selection to transportation and resource allocation, are meticulously managed to create a conducive environment for learning, collaboration, and data-driven decision-making
- For all activities, ensure clear objectives are set, resources are coordinated, and feedback loops to adjust approaches as necessary are in place
- Establish, build, and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders relevant to the learning needs of USAID/Zambia MEL, to include implementing partners and government of Zambia stakeholders
- Support strategic communications activities, when necessary, including publication dissemination and events with stakeholders
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience in development, logistics, planning, event management, or a related field.
Experience and Skills
- 8 years of demonstrated experience in event management and logistics coordination for international development or similar projects.
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s CLA practices; familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy preferred
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Previous work experience in Zambia preferred
- Familiarity with USAID/Zambia Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Proficiency in local language(s) greatly preferred
- Zambian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.