Head, Field Service - North region
Daystar Power Group is a Pan-African provider of solar and hybrid power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease, or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year. We are currently operational in seven countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, and Ivory Coast, and have recently launched in South Africa and Tanzania.
Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Head, Field Service(North region) to lead the Northern Region of our Field Service operations. The primary objective of the incumbent is to oversee and provide leadership to the entire Northern region field service operations and team. Ensures the delivery of adequate support to our clients in the Northern regions. Lead the delivery of corrective and preventive onsite maintenance planned and unplanned to all Daystar Power’s assets in accordance with our asset management strategy and service level agreements.
We are seeking a hardworking, self-driven, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Develop, implement, and improve processes and procedures for operating and maintaining Daybreaks Power’s power assets throughout Nigeria.
- Lead the operations and maintenance team to ensure:
- Uptime of >99.9% of Daybreak Power’s solar assets across Nigeria,
- Operational site expenses with regards to diesel consumption, consumables and power from the grid is as budgeted,
- Adherence of client to contractually agreed operationally agreed operational procedure and operating time,
- Billing and collections together with the finance department,
- Safety of assets together with the Daybreak Power’s Chief Security Officer,
- Best practice maintenance of assets, including diesel generators, batteries, inverters, and solar panels, to maximize their life.
- Develop, implement, and improve processes and procedure Lead solutions for complex/non-standard field service issues,
- Develop standard operating procedures for Customer Interface and Field Service Operations,
- Introduce best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices,
- Support the growth of Daybreak in terms of business volume, improvement of business practices and standards, as a member of the leadership team
- Tracking of field service / operation inventory depletion
- Availability to travel to various sites within Nigeria on a need basis to physically validate the quality of maintenance jobs.
- Ensuring best QHSE practices for all maintenance activities