Project Engineering Manager
Daystar Power Group is a Pan-African provider of solar and hybrid power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease, or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year. We are currently operational in seven countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, and Ivory Coast, and have recently launched in South Africa and Tanzania.
We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Project Engineering Manager who will support the Head of Installation by leading Project Engineers and ensuring that all capital projects delivered are technically fit for purpose and meet the statutory requirements. We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Develop implementation plan for projects.
- Assign project technician and engineers for site assessment and installation.
- Provide support during site assessment and ensure readiness of report within 24hours of assessment.
- Review site assessment report for correctness and completeness and provide update to client within 36 hours of assessment.
- Conduct spot check on stock level of project materials and liaise with supply chain to replenish.
- Review installation drawing, BOM, RAMS, Gantt chart, and other pre-mobilization documentations.
- Liaise with logistics team to ensure prompt delivery of project materials to site.
- Ensure project pre-mobilization activities as outlined in the pre-installation checklist are completed within set timeline.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise installations to ensure adherence to quality, safety, budget and schedule.
- Drive stakeholder engagement by providing regular project update and reports to client and internal stakeholders.
- Conduct quality assurance, testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning of technical installations.
- Ensure project documentations and handover activities as outlined in the installation close-out checklist are completed within set timeline.
- Uphold compliance to regulatory requirements by liaising with government agencies including NEMSA for certification of installation.
- Ensure reverse logistics is promptly completed post installation or decommissioning of site.
- Coordinate and manage project team activities and report to Head of Installation.
- Engage subcontractor and manage documentation and relationship.
- Identify knowledge gaps in the team and organize training for project engineers, technicians, and subcontractors.
- Support NOC and Service team in resolving site issues remotely and through site visits.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by Head of Department and Chief Technology Officer.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate degree in Engineering or Management (preferred)
- NSE or COREN certified (preferred)
- Project management certification (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Electrical Engineering and managerial roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry
3. Language Proficiency:
- Proficiency in English
- self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with a high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- passionate about quality of workmanship
- good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail.
- Able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
5. HSE certification is an added advantage.
6. Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
7. Must demonstrate proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Projects in particular)
8. Must demonstrate proficiency in solar design software such as HOMER, PVsyst, AutoCAD and Helioscope.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities - depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.