Daystar Power Group is a Pan-African provider of solar and hybrid power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease, or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year. We are currently operational in seven countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, and Ivory Coast, and have recently launched in South Africa and Tanzania.
We are looking to engage competent and experienced Project Engineers to manage the installation, Maintenance
and operations of our Solar sites in South Africa. He or she will work with the Head of Projects to manage installation of Solar systems, commission new equipment, and increase customer satisfaction through quality service and professional behaviour. We are seeking hardworking, motivated, and well-organised individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Develop implementation plans for solar & hybrid system projects up to 50MW.
- Carry out site and roof assessments before installations.
- Installation of data loggers, conducting site/energy audits, and analysing customer needs.
- Produce a summary of material lists and bills of quantities to determine costs and coordinate with the supply chain department and other internal key stakeholders.
- Technical support for tender and/or proposal preparation including technical aspects of the project models.
- Lead technical client conversations through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
- Review contract technical requirements and facilitate close out of technical clauses in contract negotiations.
- Technical support for all licensing and approval processes.
- Supervision of technicians during installations of solar power solutions.
- Engineering support through operations and maintenance.
- Plan solar and related power installations.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with PV and related power installations and offer mitigation measures.
- Conducting quality assurance of technical installations of both Daystar’s team as well as the installations of our technical partners.
- Directing, coordinating, and supervising the installations of solar power solutions; and
- Training clients on the operation and optimal utilization of systems
- Manage technical elements of the installation.
- On-site verification of installation and testing in accordance with design, internal procedures, regulations, standards, and codes.
- Perform routine, preventive, and corrective maintenance of solar and related power installations.
- Actively monitor the performance of the installed site and provide written reports on events.
- Resolving site issues remotely and through site visits; and
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Serving as the first line of contact for any client complaints.
- Implement standard operating procedures and HSSE standards for solar and hybrid installation work.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as may be required.
- Develop and coach technical staff.
- Approximately 30% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field
1. Education: Undergraduate or Post-Graduate Degree in Engineering; preferably Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in renewable energy power system installations
- Experience in implementing power systems.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- HSE certification is an advantage.
3. Language Proficiency: English.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with a high level of commitment.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Must demonstrate discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Must be flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to manage time, prioritize tasks, and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities - depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.