Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent and experienced Structural Engineer. He or she will work with the Head of the Installation and Installation team to design/analyse roofs and structural support systems for solar projects.
We are seeking a hard-working, motivated, and well-organised individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
This applies to all employment practices within our organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. We make hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current business needs.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct structural inspection and analysis of commercial and industrial buildings.
- Identify possible process gaps and manage the structural assessment process improvement.
- Evaluate structural loads, wind load, and wind bearing capacity of various roof types.
- Provide mentorship and training on structural assessment to project engineers.
- Prepare foundation designs for solar arrays and related AC/DC equipment.
- Support project managers in resolving structural loading issues.
- Prepare calculations and drawings that demonstrate the structural soundness of roofs.
- Gain a working knowledge of PV system components like modules, racks, inverters, and Balance of System (BOS).
- Approximately 30% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; and work in an outdoor environment.
Education: M.Sc. Civil Engineering (Preferred)
B.Sc. Civil Engineering
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience in Civil engineering roles with specialisation in roofs.
Language Proficiency: English.
a. A self-motivated individual who demonstrates a sense of ownership with a high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
b. Passionate about quality of workmanship.
c. Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
d. Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
e. Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
5. PMP Certification is a plus.
6. HSE certification is an advantage.
7. Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
8. Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities - depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.