Senior Fund Accountant
Climate Fund Managers
Play an active part in creating a sustainable future by joining Climate Fund Managers' team based in Cape Town, South Africa.
Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is a leading blended finance fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets. CFM has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water, sanitation, and oceans. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
We provide financing solutions across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction, and operational stages). With our offices in The Netherlands, South Africa, Singapore, and Latin America we believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive.
CFM is seeking to appoint a Fund Accountant to manage multiple tasks in relation to fund accounts, including: managing the relationship with the outsourced fund administrator, end to end co-ordination of fund activities (closings, draws, investment and distributions), fee calculations, creditors management and bank/payments processes, calculation of net asset values, reporting (including investor specific reports and financial statements), scheduling audits, compliance reports and forecasting.
The primary responsibility of the position is to manage the outsourced fund administrator and depositary to ensure delivery in terms of the services agreement thereby ensuring accurate and timely reporting to investors.
Key Duties and Responsibilties:
- Review fund closing workings and income calculations and manage debtors aging
- Determine investor allocation per project and manage drawdown process
- Review and finalise equity and loan schedules, interest calculations, settlements management and finalization of investment register
- Manage payment process and ensure timely settlement of payments, manage creditors aging
- Valuation interface between CFM and fund administrator and ensuring accurate reporting
- Review and finalise
- Sources and applications and recycled capital schedule per Fund
- NAV workings/distribution waterfall per Fund
- Capital account statement and ad hoc investor reports
- Review and finalization of reporting packs, annual financial statements, and governance reports and other management information
- Maintain Fund Model and gather inputs into assumptions to ensure efficient, accurate & timely budget and forecasting preparation and review
- Banking & treasury
- Ensure timely settlement of payments
- Prepare regular cash flow forecasting
- Timely & accurate response to management queries
- Review and reconciliation of sources and applications
- VAT/Corporate Income Tax compliance
- Manage external audit
- Keeping abreast of industry development/technologies
- Execution of ad hoc projects
Skills and Expertise
- Results-orientated individual who works with a strong sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced setting;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Ability to deliver results;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong accounting technical knowledge;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to communicate financial information in a clear and concise manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- CA(SA) qualification
- 3-4 years relevant experience in the financial services sector
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe PDF
- Strong knowledge of complex accounting standards would be a distinct advantage.