Senior Sales Representative (South Africa)
Company Profile: candi solar is a dedicated solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. We partner with businesses to provide solar and battery solutions that are built to last. candi’s shared value model leverages its expertise in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems with maximum returns, ensuring zero risk to the customer. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic senior sales representative, who will help candi to lead the solar revolution. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking. The senior sales representative will be a key member of the Business Development division and should possess excellent negotiation skills, an achiever mindset and be organised.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following responsibilities:
- Achieve sales targets by generating revenue through effective sales strategies.
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to closing, including prospecting, sales pitch, client visit, proposal generation and contract negotiation.
- Develop strong business relationships with key industry players such as EPCs, Channel Partners and other stakeholders to drive business growth.
- Implement sales strategies and initiatives to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with marketing and a junior salesperson to generate leads.
- Take ownership of and drive the process to guarantee a deal’s success working with stakeholders to clear technical, administrative, regulatory, financial aspects, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team and other support functions to guarantee client satisfaction and project delivery in a timely manner.
Customer Relationship Management
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales and after to create referral opportunities.
- Work closely with the Asset Management team on upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- Analyse sales metrics and trends to determine the effectiveness of current sales strategies
- Report sales performance and provide regular updates to management.
- Actively use and update the company's CRM tool (Salesforce) to reflect sales activities.
- Gather market intelligence and stay up-to-date on industry trends and news that could influence the business such as energy policy, regulatory changes, etc.
- Analyse competitors and identify opportunities to differentiate products and services.
- Collect pricing intelligence.
Location: Cape Town or Johannesburg or Durban (combined with working from home)
Hours: Full time
Required skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification (preferably Business Administration, Marketing or an equivalent degree in Engineering coming with experience in sales).
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in sales,
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving business growth in the renewable energy, infrastructure, finance, or related industries.
- Ability to prioritise workload and juggle multiple tasks from client acquisition to closing.
- Being savvy with creating, selling and clearly communicating techno-commercial proposals to a non-technical client audience.
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, Asana, Slack, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, written and spoken English required, Afrikaans or African languages is a plus.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Ideally joining with an existing network of potential clients, partners (EPCs/ commission agents) to tap into across the commercial & industrial sector in South Africa.
- Exposure to, or a good understanding of, solar financial (or similar/related) products.
- Financial modelling and commercial contract understanding.
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- Remote working is the norm but must be prepared to work in the office as and when required.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
The application must include a cover letter - included in this letter should be a brief discussion regarding why you believe you would be a fit for this role and for candi solar.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.