Technical Asset Management in Solar PV (Johannesburg/Durban)
Company Profile: candi solar is a dedicated solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. We partner with businesses to provide solar and battery solutions that are built to last. candi’s shared value model leverages its expertise in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems with maximum returns, ensuring zero risk to the customer. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic person to take on the Technical Asset Management role within South Africa, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and proactive involvement..
The job requires taking ownership of the following for the South African team:
- Drive technical performance and continuous optimisation of activities to improve performance
- Pricing O&M for financial modeling, cost tracking vs budget
- Conduct or verify plant acceptance tests and snagging activities during plant takeover
- Review technical documentation for newly build assets and onboard onto Asset Management systems
- Development, negotiation & fulfillment of maintenance contracts for operational assets
- Management of maintenance contractors, enforce maintenance schedule, check delivered scope & conduct inspections
- Human & Equipment HSE regulatory & policy complianceManage spare parts database, storage & plant documentation (incl. updates), and manage equipment warranties
- Own technical meetings and maintain related task/ticket management systems
- Maintain positive relationship with customer’s technical personnel regulatory bodies, landlords, suppliers and utilities
- Build & lead Field Services team/s where required
- Location preferred in Johannesburg / Durban
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- Travel to assets 1-4 times per quarter
Hours: Full time (five days per week)
- 2+ years industry-related work experience managing, fault finding, and analyzing energy generation systems .
- A keen interest in operating a fleet of solar rooftop systems, partially combined with battery energy storage
- An affinity for data - being used to leveraging software tools
- Diagnosing issues and troubleshooting, always striving for optimal performance
- Hands-on ability and experience working on site is a plus, especially with AC/DC & IT systems
- Being at ease with coordinating and interacting with third-party maintenance contractors
- Desire to work in an international environment, sharing ideas and learnings across borders and cultures
- An Engineering or Construction/Facility Management degree or related qualifying experience
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we get it done as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote hybrid working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.