Field Service in Solar (Northern Cape/Durban/Johannesburg)
Company Profile: candi solar is a dedicated solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. We partner with businesses to provide solar and battery solutions that are built to last. candi’s shared value model leverages its expertise in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems with maximum returns, ensuring zero risk to the customer. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit ambitious and energetic people to take on Field Service roles within South Africa, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and proactive involvement.
The job requires taking ownership of the following for the South African team:
- Responsibility for plant maintenance of the appointed systems
- Primary response for on-site plant issues and championing CMMS responses
- Coordination of contractors / OEM support / internal staff relating to site works
- Provide on-site inputs to team for system monitoring and performance evaluations
- Internal reporting & documentation management (site inspection / maintenance intervention reports etc)
- Ensuring site compliance with HSE requirements with support from candi HSE team
- Assisting project managers with contractor supervision during new plant build phase
- Assisting project managers with construction milestone verification and plant commissioning activities in line with candi specifications and approval criteria
- Representing Asset Management team in verifying and receiving project documentation pack as part of project acceptance
- Managing local tools, spares, infrastructure related to the local assets and logistical functions
- Site inspections for candi evaluation of new projects
- General support of Technical Asset Management function
- Three positions available: Northern Cape (preferably, Douglas), KZN (preferably Durban) and Johannesburg
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis (hybrid work)
- Frequent travel to sites and occasional travel to candi offices in South Africa
Hours: Full time (five days per week)
- Appropriate qualification (BTech / Electrical / PV Installer & Commissioning / PV Greencard), or justified
- 3+ years PV industry-related work experience, or through motivated related industry experiences
- Diagnosing issues and troubleshooting, always striving for optimal performance
- Hands-on ability and experience working on site, especially with AC/DC Power Systems / IT systems / SCADA / Industrial Automations
- Desire to work in an international environment, sharing ideas and learnings across borders and cultures
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.