Title: Management Accountant
Reports to: B2B Finance Manager
Who we are:
Bboxx is a super platform, transforming lives and unlocking potential by providing access to essential products and services across Africa.
Bboxx has built a fully integrated operating system Bboxx Pulse®, backed by an extensive on-the-ground network to provide goods, services and utilities across Africa. We offer African households, businesses and communities a highly convenient and affordable way to access life-changing solutions, through last mile logistics and data-powered innovative financing methods.
Bboxx is championing the economic development of Africa, accelerating the transition to the digital economy and creating new markets. We are connecting both underserved rural communities and aspiring urban ones with services including clean energy, clean cooking, smartphones, and loans, enabling African consumers to unlock their potential. Bboxx is positively impacting the lives of more than 2.5 million people in 11 markets, directly contributing to 11 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Bboxx has over 3,000 staff across Africa and offices in the UK and China.
The Group Management Accountant is a new role within the Bboxx Group finance department, following the Group’s recent growth and expansion. This role has significant scope for the incumbent to add value to the business, be involved with new projects, and contribute to the Bboxx mission as well as quickly progress to further responsibilities.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Intercompany recharges
- Accruals and prepayments
- Cash flow forecasting
- Payment runs
- VAT postings
- Month end closure
- Balance sheet recs
- Recurring and ad hoc journal entries
- Loan postings
- Foreign Currency Re-measurement for Receivables/Payables
- Depreciation run and fixed assets register
- Employee expenses
- Intercompany balances
- Support to the credit controller where required
- Resolve any other ad-hoc request pertinent to invoicing
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or part qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent)
- Proven working experience as an accountant
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who wants to grow with the business
Bonus experience if you have it:
- Experience in using SAP Business by Design or other SAP products
- Experience in working for a multi-currency/global business
- Fluent English; French language skills also valuable
At Bboxx, we celebrate our differences, and recognize the strength in the diversity of our people. We are a global employer who believe in providing opportunities for all its employees to unlock their potential regardless of background, age, sex, race, religion, or personal beliefs.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply to roles you are passionate about, even if you need help from us to develop your skills. We strive to create an inclusive environment and regularly celebrate the diversity of our people through events arranged by our Culture Committee. Bboxx provides a workplace where you can be your authentic self and focus on our mission of transforming lives through access to energy!