Are you a talented and passionate Civil Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact? Aptech Africa is currently seeking a skilled professional like yourself to join our dynamic team and help shape the future of Africa’s infrastructure.
Aptech Africa Ltd is an EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) company specializing in solar energy and solar water pumping. Aptech’s services include complete energy assessments, solar designs, and solar system installations. Aptech Africa emphasizes a culture of teamwork and has the mission to make solar energy the primary means of power generation for all of Africa.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including subcontractors
- Management of civil works subcontractors and laborers
- Creating civil work designs
- Quantification of works
- Resolving design & development problems
- Managing budgets & project resources
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases & deliveries
- Civil works material inspection
- Conducting structural assessments
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially OH&S
- Assessing the sustainability & environmental impact of projects
- Ensuring projects run smoothly & structures are completed within budget and on time
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Civil engineering sector
- Background in quantity surveying
- Ability to work with associates and contractors in the field and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence. Must be reliable and flexible with work.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Office and design software
Potential candidates that meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role should email a CV, academic documents, and 3 professional references to Laura@aptechafrica.com