Regional Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Strategy. Develop and execute comprehensive regional sales strategies to achieve and exceed sales targets, leveraging market analysis, competitor insights, and customer trends to identify growth opportunities and drive revenue within the assigned region.
- Team Leadership and Development: As Regional Sales Manager, your direct reports will be the Field Sales Managers who supervise our network of independent contractors/field sales agents. You will be required to manage and motivate the FSM team, including setting KPIs, providing required training and performance management and setting targets that align with company goals. You will regularly monitor key performance metrics and take corrective action, and provide constructive support to enhance the FSMs’ management skills. You will be required to foster a collaborative and high performance culture within your assigned region.
- Field Agent Network Management: In collaboration with the Field Sales Managers in your region, build and scale a robust field sales agent network in your area, overseeing the entire field sales agent lifecycle. This will require strategic thinking and solid execution around the areas of recruitment, training, performance management and asset management. As the Regional Sales Manager, you’ll be tasked with exploring ways we can enhance field agents recruitment, training and onboarding efficiency using technology. In line with this, you’ll be expected to work closely with your Field Sales Manager to implement the effective recruitment strategies that you come up with. As an ongoing process, you will work closely with the FSMs to ensure consistent agent productivity, as well as monitor and remedy agent network health for continued output.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: As Regional Sales Manager in a tech company that values data-driven decision making, you will be expected to leverage data analytics and reporting tools to extract insights, monitor key performance indicators, and execute data-driven strategies for regional growth and success.
- Strategic Insights: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect and analyze field insights, market trends and customer feedback. You will thereafter synthesize these insights into actionable strategies and recommendations to enhance sales and operations.
- Field Visits: Spend time both in the field and in the data to continuously collect rich insights, review trends, and communicate the insights effectively as you work with other teams to recommend product changes and process improvements that favor scale
- Government Relations and Partner Management: Build and sustain favorable relations with government authorities and regulatory bodies, collaborate with stakeholders to address regulatory issues, and foster partnerships with key players for mutual growth.
- Sales budget. Own and manage the sales budget for the assigned region to ensure adherence to budgets, cost effectiveness and optimized utilization.
- Fraud Prevention: As the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and enforcing anti-fraud protocols and measures in your areas of responsibility
- Committed to a customer-first sales process: You have experience in sales, sales strategy, and field operations, and you believe that understanding our customers’ perspective is essential to building our business. You are excited to build and manage a team that maximizes Apollo’s opportunity to learn from our customers and respond to their changing needs. You are comfortable and excited to spend time in the field to more deeply understand our customers
- Strategic and analytical: You are excited to own and improve our sales processes, in close consultation with Apollo’s product and technology teams. You are a skilled consumer of both qualitative and quantitative data, and thrive in roles that leverage systems and process thinking and are excited to build and learn from well-thought out experiments in to inform process and system building
- Experienced as a manager, team builder, and networker: You have exceptional people management and communication skills and have built and managed strong teams in other roles. You love the idea of mobilizing the talents of people on your team and excel at communicating goals and targets across teams, getting buy in and motivating teams to high performance
- Experienced as an operator, ideally in a B2C sales setting in a comparable industry: You have experience working with a similar target market and understand the unique challenges they face. An understanding of managing a distributed agent network would be a plus. You are excited about the implications of technology to transform African agriculture and make it work better for farmers.
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package and challenging projects
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect
- Are excited to hear from you!