Junior Consultant - Carbon
- Support development and delivery of existing and new carbon consulting services, working directly with clients throughout this process. You will be working in teams that provide leading support on progressive carbon management. Anthesis has developed an enviable reputation in providing leading insight and delivery and the area of carbon management is no exception.
- Support proposal writing for new business, in collaboration with the existing team
- You will be contributing to technical reports, drawing on expertise from across the wider team, and rest of the business.
- Attend client meetings, where necessary, for the development of opportunities and project delivery.
- Manage your input to multiple projects independently with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines.
- Learn and develop your technical expertise, supported by our technical directors across the sustainability teams, relevant training from our Ant hesis Academy, and from external training and industry events.
- Contribute to Anthesis’s innovation and thought leadership around corporate carbon management where appropriate.
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.
Anthesis has clients across all industry sectors and supports some of the world’s largest multinationals such as Reckitt, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target. The company brings together 1,100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to your application process, or need this job advert in a different format, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Summary of Role:
Climate change support is a critical area of our work and we are committed to the importance of this ‘decisive decade. Anthesis offers a wide range of sustainability consulting services across Ireland, the UK and internationally, focusing on innovative management of carbon emissions, strategic target setting, driving emissions reduction through operations and the value chain, and the net-zero agenda.
The carbon consulting practice is looking to appoint a highly motivated Junior Consultant based in Ireland to support on a variety of exciting projects, principally for our international private sector clients. This is a delivery role engaging directly with the market to support major climate change projects to our clients. It will involve collaborating with global Anthesis sustainability experts and with other Technical Consultants not only to deliver great projects but also to support in developing new innovative ways of supporting our clients’ sustainability journey.
Anthesis focuses on driving maximum sustainable impact by our clients, many of which are major blue-chip companies such as LEGO, PepsiCo, Nestle, and Salesforce. You will have the opportunity to contribute to market-leading projects in areas such as providing strategic support to C-suite, setting Net Zero and Science-based Target (SBTs) agendas, and carbon reduction pathways including developing and implementing carbon action plans. For implementation, you will have the support of an extensive engineering and delivery team that directly enables reductions for our clients.
- Environment/sustainability degree or engineering, science, economics degree or equivalent practical experience
- High quality and professional report writing (Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills and Excel competency
- Project management experience
- Understanding of data analysis workflows, statistical techniques, and data communication to non-technical audiences
- Experience with Python, R, or SQL for data analysis
- Understanding of climate science, Net Zero and Science Based Targets. Understanding of GHG protocol and other carbon related guidance and legislation.
- Experience in communicating with C-suite and senior managers, particularly an understanding of the sustainability challenges that organisations face in today’s climate.
- Experience in support and/or delivery carbon projects either in-house or in a consultancy environment with an understanding of critical accounting, reporting, and target setting standards such as GHG Protocol, SBTi guidance etc.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off and the day off for your Birthday!
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.