Senior/Principal Consultant - Climate
- Delivering business value to our clients and effectively communicating key sustainability messages
- Develop, sell and deliver existing and new climate consulting services in collaboration with your colleagues, working directly with clients throughout this process.
- Performing detailed analyses e.g. to determine material flows, greenhouse gas emissions, ecological footprints and other environmental, economic and social metrics, as may be required by individual projects
- You will be both writing and reviewing technical deliverables, drawing on expertise from across the wider team and rest of the business.
- Identifying business opportunities and writing proposals for new business, in collaboration with the existing team
- Be independent in engaging with a wide variety of clients, often in senior roles within their business.
- Attend and lead client meetings, where necessary, for development of opportunities and project delivery.
- Manage multiple, often international, projects independently.
- Learn and develop your technical expertise, supported by our technical directors and other senior staff across the sustainability teams as well as mentor more junior colleagues
- Contribute to Anthesis’ innovation and thought leadership around corporate climate action.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, martial status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
Anthesis’ goal is to reduce global emissions 3Gt by 2030 through our work – that’s about half the annual emissions of the US! With a goal like that, we don’t mess about, pushing our clients to stretch beyond what feels easy or comfortable. Afterall, we’re in a climate emergency, so nothing less will do. While pressure to decarbonize has never been higher, doing it right starts with great data, expert analysis, and evidence-led solutions.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior or Principal -level consultant to join the Finland Climate team. This is both a delivery and business development -focused role engaging directly with the market to support major sustainability projects to our clients. It will involve collaborating with our global expert network not only to deliver great projects but also to develop new innovative ways of approaching sustainability.
You will have the opportunity to own market-leading projects in areas such as climate strategy and programs, target setting (SBT’s and Net Zero), transition plans, GHG inventory development, climate risk management, internal carbon pricing and much more. You will be supported by the experts across our global teams and will be working on both local and multinational projects.
Anthesis focuses on driving maximum sustainable impact by our clients both in the private and public sector, many of which are major blue-chip companies such as LEGO, PepsiCo, Diageo and Janssen, as well as several leading financial sector clients.
We are seeking someone with personal passion for sustainability, eager to learn with a drive to have impact. You must be a self-starter with initiative who can flex across client sectors and service areas to deliver excellence and value for our clients.
- A degree / qualification in a relevant academic field, e.g. Natural Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Business, Master’s Degree or above
- Ideally 3-6 years’ experience in a relevant work position, on topics such as climate strategies and programs, climate risk analysis and management, GHG accounting and data management, internal carbon pricing, carbon credits and removals, climate target setting, transition planning
- We also value experience in relevant related sustainability topics, such as current and upcoming regulation (e.g. CSRD) and reporting incl. both mandatory and voluntary frameworks (e.g. TCFD), supply chain sustainability and supplier engagement, nature/biodiversity management in a corporate setting
- Excellent project management skills: ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to client expectations
- Excellent analytical skills. We value advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and experience in using other analytics software and visualisation tools will be beneficial.
- Client management and business development skills
- Strong communication and consulting skills; particularly an understanding of the sustainability challenges that organisations face in today’s climate and a holistic approach to providing practical solutions founded on science.
- Comfortable interpreting data to deliver the “so what” simply and coherently
Personal Attributes and Qualities:
- Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred;
- Curious, globally minded and enthusiastic;
- Organised, methodical and analytical;
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis;
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative;
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with education, experience and skills
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.