- Lead in performing and managing general ledger accounting and month-end close process for the North America business. Including, among other responsibilities, entering journal entries and performing reconciliations and reviewing those performed by junior staff. Ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitor monthly and identify, research, and reconcile account variances by conducting a detailed analysis with a focus on process improvement.
- Development, maintenance, and performance of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Assist in the annual group financial statement audit for the North American business, including providing information requested and responding to audit inquiries.
- Contribute to tax planning, managing statutory reporting/tax compliance throughout the year, and facilitating the preparation and filing of corporate income tax.
- Assist in preparing annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc business activity reports, monthly financial performance reports, budget/forecast vs. actual analysis, and quarterly KPIs.
- Provide insight into financial performance and guidance to senior leadership in the form of financial analysis and recommendations.
- Oversight and management of junior accounting staff, including assigning duties, providing training and support, reviewing deliverables, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with global finance team, including those in the Philippines who directly support the North America business.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships by working cross-functionally with other disciplines throughout the company providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Support and optimize the recent implementation of NetSuite for the region.
- Lead ad hoc special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, pregnancy, martial status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience required
- Strong financial and accounting skills and ability to develop and mentor direct reports
- IFRS and US GAAP knowledge with strong technical accounting skills, particularly in the context of project accounting/revenue recognition
- Accounting system, process design and implementation experience
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to get stuck into the detail, roll up your sleeves and manage multiple priorities
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment.
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative.
- Organized, methodical, and analytical.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle NetSuite.
- Experience of working in a rapidly growing, early-stage company.
- Experience working in the professional services sector.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) benefit (US only)
- Anthesis provides 100% Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance benefit.
- In addition, Anthesis covers 100% of Short & Long‐Term Disability Insurance benefits.
- Anthesis provides a 3% contribution into retirement plans, and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pre‐tax deduction up to a certain cap.
- Anthesis provides Employee Assistance Program and Travel Insurance
- Annual allotment of PTO, in addition to 56 hours of sick leave, paid company paid holidays, and more.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company.
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team.
- Work collaboratively on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside of, collaborate with and learn from sustainability Subject Matter Experts (SME) who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have