Senior Consultant - Climate and Cities
- To provide both strategic and analytical expertise to client projects.
- To provide technical expertise and leadership to client projects.
- To build trusted relationships with clients, identifying client challenges and proposing solutions.
- Project management and leadership including:
- Support junior team members with effective development, delegation and support where appropriate.
- To identify new business opportunities with new or existing clients
- Actively contribute to high quality services, as well as financial and strategic success of business in Sweden
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.
Anthesis has clients across all industry sectors and supports some of the world’s largest multinationals such as Reckitt, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target. The company brings together 1,100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell one of our team directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a Senior Consultant for our Cities & Climate team. The role includes acting as expert support to our customers in their sustainability work and leading the customers through this journey. The support is both strategic based on sustainability regulations such as e.g. CSRD, as well as analytic in the form of e.g. calculations of greenhouse gas emissions from organizations or products.
The person we are looking for must have consulting experience, good experience of communication with customers and sales of new projects, as well as experience of leading project groups with at least 10 participants. Our Cities & Climate team has clients in both the private and public sectors, in Sweden and abroad. It is also meriting if the applicant has experience of working with both companies and municipalities to develop their climate change strategies and mitigation work. As we also work with investigations and evaluations, it is desirable that the applicant also has experience of working independently and in larger project groups with this type of assignment.
- Good knowledge of ESG and sustainability reporting (e.g. CSRD, TCFD, CDP), as well as measures and roadmaps for emission reductions.
- Accustomed to leading assignments linked to calculations and analyses of greenhouse gas emissions from companies and municipalities, with a focus on calculations of greenhouse gas emissions according to the GHG protocol and validation of climate targets according to Science Based Targets. Additional areas of interest are LCA, carbon budgets, internal carbon pricing.
- Solid experience of working, writing reports, and holding presentations in both Swedish and English (spoken and written).
- Experience of working with a systems perspective in interdisciplinary projects.
- Additionally meriting if the applicant has previous experience of projects in Climate, Circular Economy, and Energy
Education and Work Experience:
- Civil engineering degree or equivalent competence at master’s level and at least five years’ professional experience,
- Experience of consulting work including project management as well as sales and marketing
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with experience and skills
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.