Group Tax Manager
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide analysis and guidance on tax related issues across Group, UK and international businesses including advice on acquisitions and disposals, entering into new territories, changes to tax regimes and changes to tax legislation.
- Lead the Group’s transfer pricing strategy including guidance on appropriate strategies, compliance with local requirements and management of the relevant transfer pricing documentation, Country by Country reporting processes and appropriate agreements and approvals are in place to ensure compliance.
- Review and implement best-practice tax standards and policies across the business, including review of permanent establishments, off payroll workers, WHT and cross border transactions and US tax policies.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of Anthesis company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Work with the business to maximise the Groups’ ability to claim Research & Development expenditure credits (RDEC) on its product development spend
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in the company tax procedures
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process including monitoring and mitigation of identified tax risks
- Provide support with various external audits and special tax related projects: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Improve taxation knowledge within Anthesis through communication and tax training where appropriate
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.
Anthesis has clients across all industry sectors and supports some of the world’s largest multinationals such as Reckitt, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face, and Target. The company brings together 1,100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell one of our team directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, and hard-working Group Tax Manager. This is a first-time appointment for the organisation and the role will report directly into the Group Financial Controller playing a key role in establishing a Group finance team including developing in-house tax expertise. The Group finance team will be responsible for Group tax and for supporting regional finance teams in all aspects of finance as well as interacting with core internal and external stakeholders as the business continues to grow.
As a Group Tax Manager, you will define, maintain and support the tax strategy of the Group, through engagement with the subsidiary business and key stakeholders from across the organisation. You will ensure the companies tax position is documented, understood and applied consistently across the Group whilst ensuring compliance with the latest tax legislation.
- Qualified and technically strong tax (CTA) Chartered Accountant
- 10 – 15+ years of relevant working experience with international groups
- Experience of global corporate taxes, specifically in the USA
- Preferential to have experience with private equity portfolio companies
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word) is essential
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive self-starter with first class organizational ability, who is detail oriented, and results focused, and able to oversee and support the financial administration of several projects at once
- Proactive and a committed team player
- Can work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Can work on flexible hours to support global teams in many time zones, meet changing work environment and to meet tight deadlines
Our ideal candidate will be someone who wants to contribute to, and flourish, in a team working at the leading edge of sustainability.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team
- Work solely on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients
- Opportunity to work with, collaborate with and learn from sustainability SME’s who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects on a global basis
- Competitive salary in line with experience and skills
- Competitive benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday and two volunteering days off and the day off for your Birthday!
- 6% employer matched pension
- Cooperative, supportive and open working atmosphere.