Renewable Energy Engineer
Renewable Energy Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To anchor our leading market position and sustain our growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic Solar PV or Wind Renewable Energy Engineer with experience to join our team based in Cape Town, where you will be working with our team of experienced experts who your continuous sounding board while you serve the needs of our customers.
Your job will be versatile and dynamic: one day you will be with your boots on, inspecting a construction site when the other day you will be behind your PC screen analysing the expected yield or fine-tuning a PV design.
From you as our new PV/Wind expert, we expect that:
- You will support the team, project sponsor(s) and lender(s) throughout the financial close process, or during development or construction.
- You will provide reporting trough construction and operation for different projects
- You will review key construction contracts for and alongside clients.
- You will review overall project design, technology, and suggest potential improvements.
- You will assess technical risks and propose mitigation strategies to reduce risk on project CAPEX, OPEX and revenues.
- You will follow up project construction and acceptance.
- You will manage energy yield calculation studies, performance assessment, FAC (Final Acceptance Certificates) inspections.
- You will take ownership on your own projects, supported by your colleagues, which you will deliver from A to Z.
Due to the dynamics of the renewable energy sector, the growth of 3E and the flexibility of the team needs, the job comes with many growth opportunities.
You will work within the core of our consultancy team which will give you all at hand to quickly explore the wonderful solar PV and/or wind energy world. At first, you will work as an expert on a project managed by one of your colleagues and gradually you will be taking the role of project manager yourself.
You will be reporting within our Africa team which is a combination of Due Diligence experts, Owner's Engineers and Resource Assessment experts.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a dynamic colleague who is eager to learn, who can bring an open and flexible mindset and who has very strong organisational skills.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold an engineering degree or similar through experience.
- You have 2-4 years of relevant experience
- You have a valid working permit in South Africa.
- You are fluent in English.
- You combine strong technical knowledge with strong communication and writting skills.
- You have strong organisation and prioritisation skills; you are stress-resistant, solution-oriented, and able to handle several projects simultaneously.
- You have a high sense of responsibility, professional attitude and quality focus.
- You have an affinity and interest for everything related to renewable energy
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge on PVsyst, AutoCAD, PVCase, WindPro, DigSilent, Homer …
- Available for short trips abroad (during the project construction monitoring period usually for a few days a month). Occasionally for longer-term assignments (i.e. a couple of weeks) might be required.
- Other languages (e.g.French, Portuguese).
We will make sure you are onboarded within our team, teaching you all in-and-outs of the role.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary in line with your level of experience
- Salary package: laptop, medical aid allowance (R.2800), phone allowance (R.740), 18 leave days (24 after 1 year of service), 13th check (prorated, end of year)
- Flexible working hours /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.